This Roll of Honour is a collation of images that I took at the SAHA Memorial in Johannesburg. The image is 1500 x 403 wide and opens in a new window.
South African Heavy Artillery Roll of Honour. Johannesburg.
The Roll of Honour still exists in Port Elizabeth too but has been covered with a heavy steel grille.
The six memorials relating to the South African Heavy Artillery are:
- 71st (Transvaal) Siege Battery: Johannesburg Zoo (Restored 2007)
- 72nd (Griqualand West) Siege Battery: Clyde N Terry Museum Kimberley
- 73rd (Cape) Siege Battery: Company Gardens Cape Town
- 74th (Eastern Province) Siege Battery: Port Elizabeth. Gun removed to the National Museum Bloemfontein to be restored
- 75th (Natal) Siege Battery: Warriors Gate Durban
- 125th (Transvaal) Siege Battery: Near the Union Buildings Pretoria
© DRW. 2014-2021. Created 29/01/2014, updated 08/07/2017. Moved to Musings