These photographs were kindly taken by Ronnie Lovemore in June 2011, and are used with his permission.
This memorial to the men and women of Walmer who died during the two World Wars may be found at Google Earth Co-ordinates 33° 58.684’S, 25° 35.135’E.
The drinking trough at the Walmer Town Hall originally came from the plinth that stood in Market Square, Port Elizabeth and on which the Prince Of Wales Obelisk was erected. The trough was removed when the Obelisk was replaced by the Howitzer that formed part of the South African Heavy Artillery Memorial.
It was unveiled on 24 March 1925 and is situated in front of the Town Hall.
© DRW 2011-2018. Created 29/07/2011, added new pics 30/11/2011. Photographs © of Ronnie Lovemore. Moved to blog 05/02/2014.