The main War Memorial in Stratford-upon-Avon may be found in The Remembrance Gardens bounded by College Street and Old Town (Google Earth co-ordinates: 52.187884°, -1.708347°).
There are a number of memorials in the gardens and it is a peaceful place.
The Memorial Cross commemorates is of a similar design to that of the Cross of Sacrifice only without the sword on the front face. It commemorates casualties that lost their lives in the First World War. The bronze plaques to the remaining seven sides of the pedestal list the names of the 235 men who died in the conflict. There is an additional bronze plaque to the second stage of the pedestal which is titled FIRST WORLD WAR 1914-1920 and gives the names of 12 men and the date of their death. It was unveiled on 12 February 1922. Name plaques may be viewed at https://www.warmemorialsonline.org.uk/memorial/85900
The Memorial was originally erected in Bridge Street but was moved to a site overlooking Bancroft Gardens before the Second World War. In 1954 it was relocated to the newly created Garden of Remembrance.
The Second World War casualties are commemorated on plaques mounted on a screen wall.
This memorial is a concave 3 panelled wall with commemorative plaques attached to it. There are 100 names on the memorial. Plaques may be viewed at https://www.warmemorialsonline.org.uk/memorial/85897
King Edward VI School Memorial.
King Edward VI School Boat Club
DRW © 2019. Created 17/09/2019