The memorial to the Royal Gloucestershire Hussars may be found in the parking lot of Gloucester Cathedral. It features a cross on a many sided base which has bronze reliefs depicting various actions by the Hussars and Yeomanry during both World Wars.
The memorial may be found at Google Earth co-ordinates 51°52’3.50″N, 2°14’53.01″W. The chapel in the cathedral may be found very close to the effigies of King Edward II and Osric, Prince of Mercia. It features stained glass windows dedicated to the memory of members of the Gloucestershire Regiment as well as the memory of the crew of HMS Gloucester who lost their lives off Crete on 22 May 1941.
The Chapel also has 4 Rolls of Honour that hold the names of the men involved in the conflicts.
© DRW 2015 – 2018. Created 30/08/2015