Cheltenham’s War Memorial is located outside the Municipal Offices on the Promenade, with the Long Gardens on either side. It was not an easy one to photograph either, as it is partly in shade and partly in sunlight.
It was unveiled by Maj-Genl Sir Robert Fanshaw K.C.B, D.S.O, on the 1st of October 1921.
Google Earth co-ordinates are: 51°53’56.69″N, 2° 4’39.35″W
The memorial also has plaques dedicated to those who lost their lives in South Arabia 1839-1967, as well as to Polish men and women who lost their lies in the Second World War.
© DRW 2015 – 2018. Created 04/07/2015, more images added 17/05/2017