It commemorates men from Cheltenham who lost their lives during the Crimean War and is a grade II listed structure and was restored in 2008.
There is a dedication on either side of the base.
The Memorial originally consisted of a pair of guns taken from Sebastapol and they were erected, each on it’s own base, on 5th July 1858. However during the Second World War the guns and one base were turned in and melted down for munitions.
© DRW 2016-2018. Created 17/05/2017